Author Topic: FAO Mr Gary - Will Mani Stay with the Scream?  (Read 4856 times)

a_aitchie

• Higher Than The Sun
  • Courtney Girl
    • View Profile
Re: FAO Mr Gary - Will Mani Stay with the Scream?
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2011, 01:10:34 PM »
I don't dispute he lifted the spirits and is a key member of the Scream but in 96 half of the bands on that scene were full of smack.  The Scream have got it together now and take it a lot more seriously - they won't have someone in there who can't do the job.  He's not the only member.
I cant dance to that music your playin

russ3000

• Higher Than The Sun
  • civil disobedience
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2011, 12:22:32 AM »
I second that, the scream have always had a revolving door policy when it comes to the music.
if u didnt come 2 party dont bother knocking on my door

soulriot_jim

• Higher Than The Sun
  • between thought and expression lies a lifetime
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2011, 03:39:27 AM »
from 16th oct.
no comment at this time jeff. why is my life so fucking confusing.

a_aitchie

• Higher Than The Sun
  • Courtney Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2011, 03:41:34 AM »
Noel Gallacher a possibility to join???? 

mr gary

• Movin' On Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2011, 04:34:05 AM »
 :uglystupid2:I don't really wanna say too much at the minute,until I've had a chance to speak to the rest of the scream team. I will be playing my final scream gig,for the foreseeable future,at the Hogmanay celebration in Edinburgh. I have found myself manoeuvred into a position that, although myself and the scream knew it could always arise,kinda wish that it wasn't right now. We've just enjoyed our best year yet, well since I joined anyway,and started looking forward to the next project. One things for sure, with or without me, the scream are never stronger than they are right now.it's difficult to walk away from 15 years of watching people,families,bands grow up together, truly fucking heartbreaking,and my sanity has been pulled in a million different directions over it,but I have to finish my first dream off properly,good or bad. It wouldn't be fair for me to try and do both things either, each band command 100% respect and attention, but my intention is to never fully close the door with the scream, if that's possible. I skill always be there if they ever want to use me for anything, I now become part of the famous revolving door policy. I'll keep you up to speed on further developments, thank you for your undying support, it is very humbling, xxxx I love every man jack of ya. !. Xxx mr gary

a_aitchie

• Higher Than The Sun
  • Courtney Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2011, 04:39:30 AM »
Sincere best wishes - if any of us had the chance to go back in time and undo wrong doing then we would.  What happened to The Roses via their record company was a wrong doing - go get yours me honey x

Quincy

• Shine Like Stars
  • I don't want to be like Hippy Johnny....
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2011, 04:41:54 AM »
All the best to you Mr Gary. I don't think anyone would begrudge you this opportunity. Gotta be done, hasn't it!
Look forward to seeing you giving it both barrels soon, whether it be Roses or Scream.

Right - gonna have to get to Edinburgh now. It's a fair journey from deepest Cymru...But it's gonna be an emotional one, for sure.
 :cry:

Gotta bust out Kowalski for old times sake, though, mate!

soulriot_jim

• Higher Than The Sun
  • between thought and expression lies a lifetime
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2011, 04:53:57 AM »

:cry:

the best of luck pal. miss ya. x

fred

• Movin' On Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2011, 05:12:50 AM »
thanks for taking the time to post here Mani, and all the best for the future  :afro:

Ajay

• Shine Like Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2011, 05:52:42 AM »
Thanks for the update Mani. 

Best of luck with the Roses.  I am going to have to see if I can change plans for NYE and make it to the last gig now!

russ3000

• Higher Than The Sun
  • civil disobedience
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2011, 07:29:24 AM »
ah Mani - u coming here means a ton. Thanks , despite what must be an insane world to inhabit, you take time to drop us a line. U r a true gent .  
We are always fans of urs
if u didnt come 2 party dont bother knocking on my door

Dr Peter OBoogie

• Imperial
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2011, 08:21:32 AM »
Good Luck,

Lets hope you remain in the "Scream" domain - cause i think we all want you back.

Roses were a great band musically, one of the best - maybe you should have a go at vocals this time too  :azn:
Last Chance to Dance with the Demon.........

fly me home on a....

• Shine Like Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2011, 08:23:34 AM »
Been gutted about Mr. Gary leaving the Scream but fully understand his reasons. Unfinished business sums it up in the best way I think. The Stone Roses fans must be over the moon. Shame it leaves us hardcore Scream fans feeling very sad. Go for it Mani & give it your best shot, for (like you say) better or worse. If it doesn't work out then hey, at least you gave it a go! I'm sure it will though! It's hard to grasp that you are leaving (what we on here consider to be the best band in the world) but hey, you will have been in two of the best bands in the world!!! How fucking cool is that!!! I can only think of Kid Congo Powers who has actually topped that!

So the end of an era in the ever-changing history of the mighty Primal Scream. The core of the band is definitely Bobby & Innes but everybody else is important especially in the live performance. What Mani bought to the Scream was more than his musicianship though. A character, a gentleman, a huge-presence, a big personality and above all great spirit. The spirit the band needed when he joined.

Thanks Mani for the memories and those wicked basslines!!! XTRMNTR is the Screams best album as far as I'm concerned & it has your stamp all over it. Shoot Speed/ Kill Light wouldn't have been the same without you. You have shown yourself to be a true caring gentleman with your posts on here and very down-to-earth. A man of the people. Thank you kind sir!

It's not a battle of the bands or a competition but I prefer Primal Scream to The Stone Roses. However, I saw the Roses in 88 and it was amazing. One of the best concerts I've ever been to. I thought I'd seen the new Beatles. I was gutted that the band didn't get that big. I thought they were gonna take over the world.

Here's hoping Bobby & the boys bounce back from this & knock our socks off with the new album!!! There is no stopping the band these days. I'm sure we will get a suitable replacement for our beloved Mr. Gary.

All the best Mr. Gary!

P.S. If Bobby, Innes or Duffy ever quit the band I'm selling my Scream records & will try & get into Coldplay instead! That's a good threat I think!

Davieboy.

• Higher Than The Sun
  • Voice of Thunder
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2011, 08:29:07 AM »
Cheers for the update Mani!

I always said I wouldn't go and see a reformed Roses, in case it spoiled the memory of seeing the band before (Aberdeen 17/12/95....what a night!). But Reni's back with you, and as my mates who were at Alexandra Palace Glasgow Green and Spike Island keep telling me, you can never really say you've seen the Roses unless it was the original line up!

So, I'll be on ticketmaster tomorrow morning at 9am, along with a few hundred thousand other cunts!
If I don't make Manchester, I'll hopefully catch you on the 'world tour'...which will presumably include Glasgow (Green)?! [I suppose an Aberdeen gig is too much to ask for.......?]

And thanks for the memories over the last 15 years. I joined the Scream Team at the same time as you....ground zero was KOWALSKI. My first Scream gig was Glasgow Green, in that big fucking tent. When you busted out the KOWALKSI bassline and the pogoing crowd surged forward...I can still remember the look on your face at the crowd reaction (one of "fucking hell!). I was out of my tits on various things, a guy fucked his burd while I (unkowningly) held her up in the swaying crowd and some mad cunt (probaby) stabbed me with a syringe - an apt introduction to my new favourite band.

Good luck with the rehearsals, I'm sure in 8 months time the boys will be on top form!

Davieboy x

country_boy

• Imperial
  • Keepin' on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2011, 11:02:29 AM »
Good luck Mani, you're a true hero, and I wish you all the best for the future, wherever it may take you! :afro:
The last beautiful free soul on this planet